Thursday, February 9, 2012

Wedding Wishes


If you are looking for My Time Made Easy's Pretty Pattern sketch please scroll down to the next post.  I'll be posting two cards every Thursday now that both of my awesome design positions post on Thursdays.  The more the merrier, right?

This week's challenge at CropStop is to make a Wedding project!  Love is in the air.... in fact, my husband and I went on our first official date on Superbowl Sunday 27 years ago!  The Superbowl was in January back then and we were attending the same church and were getting to know each other... so to let Karl know that I was interested in a date, I invited him over to watch the Superbowl with my brother & his wife (who I was living with at the time.)  What's funny is that neither my husband nor I are big sports fans so it's very ironic that our first date was for a major sports event.  hehe!  Four months later (yes, that's 4 months) we were married and we are more in love now than every before.  

I wanted to make this card a little extra special.  I have quite a few embossing folder which I have been neglecting so I pulled out my favorite Cuttlebug Embossing folder - Textile and embossed some shiny blue paper with it.


The pink background paper is also shimmery, the roses on the pattern paper is glittery goodness as well as the light pink design behind the decorative dark burgundy heart.  And if that wasn't enough shininess, I added some swirly bling just for fun.   


The list of fun tools I used is listed below.   Thank you for your visit and I LOVE comments!  They make my late nights crafting even more fun!  By the way, if you have any questions about how I made this card, I will be happy to post a tutorial.  I took pictures along the way but am posting pretty late (or early considering is 4am) so I can post a tutorial later on if you like.  Please let me know if you would like me to do it!  
What's in it:

1 comment:

sandie said...

I love the wedding card. That embossing folder looks great. Also the cupcake card is so bright and cheerful and I am now off to cut a cuppa and a fairy cake-a British cake like a cupcake but with less icing and more cake!