Thursday, February 16, 2012

Congratulations on Your Happy News!

This weeks challenge at CropStop is to make a baby card.  I thought about it a little and decided to make it a "congrats on your pregnancy" card as it's part of the same theme.  

I'll list the supplies at the end of this post but I just wanted to point out that the stamp set I used is Moka Jen by Taylored Expressions.  Isn't she cute?  I also love the color scheme of this paper and of course love all the pretty butterflies.


For this card I used this week's sketch at the Taylored Expressions sketch challenge.  I love all the layers.  


I used copics to color the image and also to add shading to the pattern paper that I fussy-cut (paper pieced) for the clothing.  I love doing that to tie the image in with the rest of the card.


In the image below you can see the border and little light pink butterflies and gems. Funny story... I found this self-adhesive butterfly border in my stash and laid it across the die cut border.  I likes it so I cut off the piece, took off the backing and placed it onto the card.  As I was looking at it I decided that it was too busy but when I tried to gently lift it off , the first butterfly decided to take some of the paper with it.  I guess the butterfly liked being on the card so I left it there.  lol  


See the pretty butterflies?


This is the first time I've used my new Spellbinders Spiral Blossom One.  I love making rolled flowers but I tend to have OCD about them and it takes me more time than usual because of it.  lol  I use a tool kit and craft molding mat to mold the flower edges outward.  I used to do it with my fingers but I like the tools and mat better.  The link to find them is in the list below.


Here's a shot of the card showing the layers... how I love my layers!


Other challenges: TE Sketch Challnege #152

Thank you so much for your visit and comments... they mean so much to me!

Please stop by the CropStop blog and check out all the other wonderful Baby creations they have in store for you.  Please play along and don't forget to use the  CropStop DISCOUNT code: NJCT-02 to receive 10% off - No minimum purchase required!  Now that's a great deal.  

What's in it:

8 comments:

Katie said...

Super cute card! I love the image you chose and all the fun color!

febe said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ani said...

Beautiful card! I love the colours that you've used and the image is so cute!

Bernadette Bliss said...

Wow the color, the embellishments, the layers, Oh my just adorable.

sparkling stamper said...

I love your layers and your flower is beautiful. I have yet to master making flowers, though I continue to try. Maybe one day mine will look like yours!!!

Jules said...

love your dp's & your hair coloring is fabulous!

Tracy said...

Moka Jen could not look more fabulous! I love all of the details you've added to your card. Wonderful take on Taylor's sketch. You have some wicked coloring skills Nancy! Thank you for playing along with TESC!
Hugs,
Tracy

Nan G said...

Your cards are beautiful, i love all of the layers and cheery colors! Thanks for stopping by my froggydesigns.