Thursday, February 2, 2012

MTME Pretty Patterns sketch #46

WOWZA!  I can't believe we are on sketch #46!  Time flies when you're having fun!  Sometimes I use that sentence sarcastically but today it's sooo true!  I enjoy getting crafty and making fun pretties.  We're also now in February of 2012 which means that Valentine's day is just around the corner.  I thought it would be fitting to make a Valentine's card.  


I used the "Be My Valentine" heart stamp from MTME's digi set Sweet Sentiments.  The gorgeous paper is MTME's digi set s"Candy Kisses" and Amour.


The rose die (above) and swirls (below) are a part of one die which is "Lace Rose and Flourishes" from Cherry Lynn Designs. Not many companies carry this brand of dies but Joan does and that's where I bought mine.  (Joan is wonderful and through her online store I've become friends with her.)


Yummm.... crinkled seam binding!  I have had people ask how I make my bows and I'll post a tutorial sometime.  I just want you to know that it may look like I threw it together quickly but to be honest, I usually fiddle with my bows... twisting, turning and using either mini glue dots or other adhesive to hold parts of it in place.  If you get frustrated with your bows... just keep working at it.  I have a neighbor who helped us with my son's & his bride's wedding flowers.  Now that's someone who can make gorgeous bows in no time!   She said that it's easy... after the first thousand.  lol


The red doily is from Lifestyle Crafts called "Nesting Doily Hearts".  


You can see the layers on the card below.  


Thank you for your visit.  I appreciate all visits and comments so much!  It always makes my day to read your lovely comments.

Please stop by My Time Made Easy's blog and see what the other team members made.  I hope you will stop by and play along with us!

Other Challenges:
digi doodle shop challenges: Love is in the Air!
Belli Challenge: Hearts/Valentines
Hooked On Craft: Try Something new - new flower & swirls die
Digital Tuesday Challenge: red, white and black

7 comments:

joy said...

How pretty! Love the bow and the fancy heart! Thanks for participating in the Creative Belli Challenge.

Tammy said...

Another beautiful card! Good luck at Digi Doodle Shop's challenge!

Stampalicious said...

gorgeous card, love the heart in the middle, thank you for joining our challenge at Digi Doodle Shop challenges this week, hugs, martina

lalkygirl said...

what a gorgeous card ,love all the swirls,pretty flowers and that bow is fab
thanks for joining us at the digi doodle shop challenges and good luck
tracey x

Unknown said...

Beautiful! Thanks for playing at DTC!

Ceal said...

absolutely Gorgeous card! love the rose diecut it makes a beautiful accent.
Thanks for playing with the Belli girls at Creative Belli! Hope to see you again soon!

WeirdCat said...

Another lovely card, thank you for joining us at The Digi Doodle Shop Challenge this week
Ruth x