Monday, July 25, 2011

Happy 50th Anniversary to my Mom and Dad!

I apologize that my MTME post is so very late.  I had a crazy-busy week getting ready for my parent's 50th anniversary celebration which was Saturday night.  It was a wonderful event - all 6 of my parent's children, their spouses, 22 grandchildren and 4 great-grandchildren were in attendance.  Two of the 22 grandchildren were represented with a photo of the two of them since they have passed on.. my nephew, Marcus, at the age of 17 in 2008 from brain cancer and my own sweet Jessica just last Oct (2010) from the heart, lung and GI defects she was born with - she was 22 yrs old when she died.  I'm sure that Jessica and Marcus were there in spirit.  Some of my parent's siblings were able to attend too as well as my mom's cousin and her daughter.  It was an event to remember!

Here is the card that I made that we had every family member sign:


I used MTME's digi paper Wistful Wonder.  I love this set!
  

I used Martha Stewart punch for the butterfly and then applied Diamond Stickles on the top and added little pearls down the center. 


I bought the lace at Michael's in a spool... can you believe how gorgeous it is?


The sentiment came from a couple of different digi stamps: I used the "happy" and Anniversary" from Sentimental Occasions and used the 5 and 0 from Harriet Hop-Along Birthday


Silly me... I forgot to take a photo of the inside of the card.  I printed the sentiment from So Sentimental that says, 
"Family - Our family is a circle of strength and love.  With every birth and union it grows.  Every crisis faced together makes the circle stronger."

Guess what was inside the card?  ...  keys to a CAR!  My siblings and I as well as a few of my parent's siblings pitched in and bought my parents a car.  They were shocked!  It was great!  We had it all decorated and at a friend's house so while they were inside my brother-in-law drove it to the church and had it parked outside.  

I also made a large display board that said, "Family - all because two people fell in love".  Below it I had their wedding picture from 1961 and a recent (beautiful!) photo they had taken a few months ago.  The remainder of the board was covered in photos of their children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren.  I'll have to take some photos of it and share it here.  

I'm exhausted from all the activity from this past week.  Thank you for being so patient with me on getting this post out late.  

I'll be back on Thursday with another card and another sketch.  

I'm entering this card at: Make it Monday

6 comments:

Kerrie said...

Pretty card, and Im sure your parents will treasure it.

Thanks for sharing your creation with Make It Monday.
Don't forget......... if you leave a comment on another entry, mention that you saw their card on "Make It Monday" for a chance at second prize. The more entries you comment on the more chance you have of winning second prize.

Shirley said...

Nancy, That is one of the prettiest cards I have seen for a 50th Wedding Anniversary! They will love it to pieces! I love the lace and every detail!! How lovely and so elegant too!

scrappingmamma said...

BEAUTIFUL anniversary card.I bet your parents will just love this its stunning....,Just FABULOUS my friend!Thank-you for sharing your creativity with us all,I'm peeking in from the" Make It Monday"blog :-)
Scrappingmamma ~
Http://www.scrappingmamma.net

paola said...

So pretty, loive the colors and the whole ensemble is positively elegant, love it
smiles
Paola

Kathlene said...

Wow, saw you at Make it Monday and wanted to come gaze some more. Your card is just beautiful--in design, color and embellishments and particularly for its purpose. Congrats to your family and thanks for sharing.

Michelle said...

Hi

What a beautiful keepsake you have created with this card for such a special occassion. Sounds like it was a wonderful celebration.

Thank you for sharing with us at Make It Monday this week.

Michelle :o)