Thursday, February 2, 2012

My First CropStop Card - FUN!

updated:


This is my 2nd post for the day!  If you are looking for MTME's Pretty Pattern's sketch scroll down to the next post.  Can you believe that I have TWO cards for you today?  I'm so excited to be on CropStop's Design Team and am posting my first card as such.  This is also the first month that the CropStop Design team are using a theme AND a sketch!  The sketch is provided by Becky Fleck of the ever popular Page Maps.  The first Thursday of the month our challenge will have a theme and a sketch.  Becky Fleck has also joined up with Spellbinders and has her very own die set and she has chosen only a hand-full of stores to carry - and CropStop is one of them.  To see the new die set hop on over to CropStop's store here.

So without further adieu, here's my card!:


I was trying to figure out how to incorporate numbers into my card and then it hit me - the number can be spelled out!  "You're one in a million" just seemed like the right touch.  I used the most gorgeous designer paper:  DCWV's "The French Country Stash"



I love the other sentiment that I used:  "When I want to see Love defined, I look at you!"  I wanted it to look like it was part of the paper so I stamped it lightly in pink.  


I love butterflies so I just had to use Tim Holt's butterflies.  I only inked up one butterfly at a time and punched them out with my postage stamp punch.  I distressed the postage stamps and the note with distress inks for a vintage look.


More seam binding!  This time I used some that was only slightly crinkled.  I fussed and fiddled until I had it just like I wanted.  I put a gold heart charm on top of the center of the bow.



Lovely dimensions!



Thank you for your visit.  I appreciate all visits and lovely comments so much!  It always makes my day to read them.

Please stop by CropStop's blog and see what the other team members made for your enjoyment.  I hope you will play along with us!

Other Challenges:
digi doodle shop challenges: Love is in the Air!
Party Time Tuesdays: Anything Goes!
Flutterby Wednesday: use a fairy or butterlfly

What's in it:
punches: I used both Stampin' Up's and Creative Memorie's postage stamp punches, Stampin' Up's ticket punch
Embellishments: seam binding (from my stash), zva pearls, 
inks: Tim Holtz Distress Inks: Tea Dye and antique linen. 


9 comments:

Helena (Gvendalen) said...

Gorgeous card!

sandie said...

gosh what detail-amazing. I love the sentiment about love-is this from Tim Hotlz. And I really appreciate you showing us how you do this-fab card

Rosie said...

This is sooooo GORGEOUS Nancy!! Welcome to CropStop girl....so glad to have you on board!! Hugs, Rosie :)

Vicki said...

Gorgeous card, Nancy! Love the pps and colors. Details are perfect!

Tammy said...

I love, love your card. Gorgeous composition and colors! Thank you for joining this week's challenge at Digi Doodle Shop!

Stampalicious said...

gorgeous, love that bow, thank you for joining our challenge at Digi Doodle Shop challenges this week, hugs, martina

lalkygirl said...

wow what a gorgeous creation,love the shabby /vintage feel ,it is so pretty
thanks for joining us at the digi doodle shop challenges and good luck
tracey x

Lynette said...

Such a pretty card - the colors are gorgeous. Thanks so much for playing in the Flutter By Wednesday challenge this week!

WeirdCat said...

What a beautiful card, so elegant, thank you for joining us at The Digi Doodle Shop Challenge this week
Ruth x