Sunday, March 8, 2009

Butterfly Card

Here is a card that I made for Kwernerdesign's Color Inspiration #44, Mojo Monday's sketch challenge # 76 and Flourishes Timeless Tuesday (March 2) which was to use Spellbinders die cuts. I used my JustRite Harmony Classic Circle Stamper III to stamp the main image. I love how the sentiment has a butterfly with it and one of the papers that I used also has butterflies.




I used some really fun paper for this card. The paper with butterflies and the pink strip is from DCWV's "The Garden Party Stack". It has glitter and so many fun prints! The shiny white paper is from the Paper Temptress. It has really cool swirls to it. It's called the Vintage Silver Lustre (at least I'm pretty sure that's what it's called... it's from an awesome pack that I recently won as Blog Candy!) It's soooooo purdy! I hope you can see some of the shiny swirls and the glitter on the butterflies in the picture below. The card is Stampin Up's Chocolate Chip.



Here is the inside of the card. Of course the pretty white paper is too pretty to cover up so I used my spellbinders label die cut to remove the middle of the paper that is on the front of the card (and was going to be covered up by the butterfly paper) and adhered it to the center of the inside of the card.



The tiny heart border was punched out using my new EK Sucess punch that I bought at Michaels. So many punches... so little time. (and money! lol)

Hope you enjoyed the card and thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

Anita said...

Beautiful card! What a great way to show off the Retro Lustre.

Debby said...

Beautiful Nancy! The paper is hard to cover up isn't it. You did a lovely job.

eviledna said...

Stunning card. The papers are gorgeous and the stamp matches perfectly. It kills me sometimes to cover up lovely paper. I think I'm just going to buy ugly paper from now on :o)
Take care & keep smiling
Ann x

Betty Wright said...

Nancy, this is beautiful!!!1 Great colors and love the shimmery Retro Lustre cardstock is wonderful. The soft sponged edges around the framed focal piece is just lovely. Thanks so much for playing FTTC!!!!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty - that paper is gorgeous!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

So lovely. Thanks for playing! :)

Michele Kovack said...

Gorgeous!!!

Carolyn King said...

beautifully done. LOVE the dp!