Thursday, February 9, 2012

Cupcake Party

My in-laws had their 50th anniversary party last September and instead of a wedding cake they had a cupcake display similar to the one I have posted below.  The cupcakes weren't quite as colorful as on my card but they were very tasty!

I used the digi stamp set Sweet Treats and digitally set up the yummy treats below onto the three tiered display.  


I colored the image with copics and added a little shimmer and shine with my Sakura clear start pen.   You can see more of the shimmer in the photo below.  Now who could resist that?  Yummmmm!  


I cut and embossed the aqua-green frame using Spellbinders Classic Frame and sponged the dark parts with a little darker ink.  I cut out three doilies one each out of light pink, dark pink and aqua-green for the 1/2 circles found in the sketch.  I cut them off and adhered them to the backside of the frame.  


I put a fushia pink ribbon around the bottom and tied a bow - it added just the right touch.  I fussy-cut out the image and popped it up on pop-dots to add that 3-D effect that I love so much.


Before I forget, the background paper is new - isn't it great?  It's from Wind My Girly Gears.  I digitally enhanced the purple background so it's a bigger contrast to the banners.  It's very pretty just the way it is but I wanted a brighter contrast for this card.

Thank you for stopping by.  I truly appreciate every visit and comment.  I LOVE comments!  I mean... who doesn't, right?  *big grin!*

I have to admit that I'm late on my post and therefore have entered it as a submission in the sketch challenge.  You know how life goes... sometimes it gets in the way of creativeness, right?  hehe!  I hope you will stop by the MTME Pretty Patterns blog and join in the fun!  This sketch was so fun to work with!  I think you'll love it too!  Thanks again for stopping by!


3 comments:

Dottie said...

love the cupcakes and all the pretty colors. great job.
I am now a follower .
Hugs Dottie

Cat said...

Your card is gorgeous, Nancy! So bright and colorful!

Anonymous said...

Cute card Nancy :)