Thursday, February 16, 2012

Keep Strong

I made this card for a wonderful friend of mine whose daughter is very ill and is fighting cancer on top of her congenital heart defects.  (I won't mention names here because I want to surprise her with the card and I don't know if she would want me to.)  The mom and I have been friends for several years online and she helped me through some very difficult times when my own daughter was so ill and passed away.  I desperately hope that her daughter is able to keep up the fight.  Our daughter's stories are so similar as far as the heart defects, strokes and even their names but instead of developing a terminal GI disease like my daughter did, hers developed leukemia.  I know that the mom is brave and strong but everyone has their hard days.  I hope this card cheers her up.

I love this digi paper set so much!  I love roses and the color palette is exactly my style especially since my daughter's favorite flower was the rose and her favorite colors were pink and yellow. The paper pack is called Parade of Patterns


Instead of using a rectangle as part of the sketch I decided to use a heart doily.  I found some shimmer vellum in yellow as I was looking through my stash of specialty papers and I think it worked quite well.  I just wish I remembered where I got it so I can buy some more!  lol  I think it may have been at JoAnn's so if you are looking for it you can check there or it could have been from "The Paper Temptress".  She has tons of gorgeous specialty paper too.  


You may be able to see the shimmer on the vellum in the photo below.  


For the sentiment I used Keep Strong which has quite a few really great sentiments.


I hope my friend likes this card.  I'm sure she it will help her to know that she is loved and isn't alone.  If you are the praying type please keep her and her daughter in your prayers. 

Thank you so much for your visit and comments... they mean so much to me!  Please stop by the My Time Made Easy blog and play along in our Pretty Patterns Challenge.   

1 comment:

Cat said...

Nancy, your card is gorgeous! Love all the gorgeous details!