Sunday, February 22, 2009

Clear cards using Clear Cardstock!

Edit: Several people have asked me where I got my clear cardstock. I bought it at Flourishes online store. Click here to go directly to clear cardstock. I just love it! It's thick and very clear - no residue like some acetates have. The ladies at Flourishes are so nice and they also have a blog. I love a lot of the stamps at their store too... if only I could buy one of each! hehe! Enjoy!

Oh yeah... if you make something using clear cardstock, please let me know. I'd love to see it!

I took a card making class last week on how to use acetate or clear cardstock in card making. I had so much fun! It's just what I needed to have a break from my daily life and do something FUN!!! I have a bunch of clear cardstock and now I'm so psyched because I know how to use it!

This first card was made for a challenge on Splitcoast Stamper's "Virtual Stamp Night". This particular challenge was called: "Window Into My Soul".


Here's the front view: The ribbon is adhered with a clear glue dot.


The trees are stamped with StazOn Timber Brown. When stamping on slick items such as acetate, you need an ink that will stick and that's what StazOn products do. They also stick to glass, metal and all kinds of things... only you need a special StazOn cleaner or it will stain your stamps. I added self-adhesive bling randomly on the trees.




Here's a 3-D picture. If you'll notice, the designer paper is adhered to the INSIDE of the clear card. I believe it's a 4.5 x 5.5 double sided piece folded in half..


On the inside of the designer paper I stamped the sentiment: "In everything give Thanks" (~1 Thess. 5:18)


On the back of the card I adhered another strip of paper to cover up the adhesive I used on the inside of the card.

Card deets:
Stamps: Stampendeous
Paper: My Stash, clear cardstock
Ink: StazOn Timber Brown
Accessories: Bling,





This second card I also made for a challenge on Splitcoast Stamper's "Virtual Stamp Night". This particular challenge was called: "Long Lost Love". We were to find a stamp (or stamp set) that we had fallen in love with and then had set aside and not used in a long time. Well, I found this set: Stampin' Up's "Simply Said" and knew I just had to use it for this challenge! I totally fell in love with this set, used it a couple of times and then it got set aside. I'm so happy to use it on this particular card.


I stamped the daisies on the front of the card with StazOn opaque "cotton white" ink. This ink is VERY sticky and fun to use with the clear cardstock! I love how the daisies and dots bounce around on the card! I used stamped the daisy heart onto redish-maroon cardstock and embossed with white embossing powder. I cut it out and then adhered it to the front with a pop-dot. The worded heart behind it was stamped in SU's Purely Pomegranate onto light pink cardstock and then adhered BEHIND the acetate centered behind the daisy heart. I added self-adhesive bling randomly around the daisies. They are too big to put in the center of the daisies.



Here's a different view of the card. I placed a red piece of paper below the card so you can better see the fun daisies. I adhered a purple designer print paper in the center of the card. If you look to the left of the photo I used some tweezers to hold the folded designer paper closed.



Here's a 3-D photo of the card. The sentiment reads: "A friend is someone who makes it easy"



More designer paper is adhered onto the back to cover up the adhesive.

Card deets:
Stamps: SU "Simply Said"
Paper: Basic Grey, clear cardstock
Ink: StazOn Opaque Cotton white
Accessories: Bling, white embossing powder



9 comments:

Chelsey said...

wow - i love these! thanks for the tutorial!

eviledna said...

Oooo, these are rather fabulous, I especially like the heart and all that bling!!! You reminded me that I've got some acetate, but I think it's just for printing on (inkjet printer) . But you've given me some ideas and also I'll have to hunt down some thick acetate :) Great to see you having fun in the craft room (have you put the laundry away yet?) LOL.
Take care & keep smiling
Ann x

Jodi said...

Very cool clear cards!! =)
Hugs,
Jodi =)

Anita said...

Wow! I have not seen clear cardstock. Where did you get it? I love your cards. I like how you covered up the tape.

anitamocha@sbcglobal.net

Debby said...

Oh my gosh these are fabulous!

Anonymous said...

These are really fabulous - and great job with the photos too! I may have to get some of that stuff myself. :)

Anonymous said...

This was really interesting. I loved reading it.

Anonymous said...

I usually don’t post in Blogs but your blog forced me to, amazing work.. beautiful ….

Anonymous said...

I just added your web page to my favorites. I like reading your posts. Thanks!