Thursday, May 3, 2012

Mother's Day Card #1




It's Thursday so it's time for another  MTME Pretty Patterns sketch challenge.  I made a card for my mother-in-law for this week's challenge.  I used some of the digi stamps and paper from last month's release to make my card because they are soooo pretty and feminine.  I'm sure I'll be using this month's releases for my Father's day cards next month - have you seen them???!!!  They are amazing!!!  See them here.

For the focal image on this card I used Spring is in Bloom and Fine Finish digi stamps.  For the frame I digitally changed the black background to a coordinating color as the burgundy in the digi paper. 


The digi paper is Berry Burst.  This digi paper originally has a dark brown background but I changed it for gray.  I love how I can do that with digi paper!  The frame behind the front one is actually light pink paper which was embossed and cut out with a Spellbinders die.


On the inside I printed the sentiment and cut out with my Spellbinders.  I also sponged light pink around the inside before taking the white paper out of the die.



I made a pretty border on the bottom and added some little pearls.



Come by the MTME Blog to see the fantastic samples the other design team members have made.  I hope you will join us this week and play along with the sketch below.  



Thank you for stopping by.  I appreciate each and every visit and of course LOVE your comments!  Hope you have a fabulous weekend!

Crafty Supplies:
Spellbinders: labels four & labels four small, labels nine,classic petal
Stampin' Up! - textured impressions - square lattice


1 comment:

Dottie Seubert said...

Very pretty mothers day card just perfect saying too. have a great weekend.
God Bless
Hugs
Dottie