Thursday, August 2, 2012

Let's Go Fly a Kite

The theme today at CropStop to use a kite on your project.  I knew I just had to use my Tilda flying a kite stamp - which is so cute!  I also wanted to use the kite die that I have so I only stamped Tilda and left her kite un-inked and then fussy-cut Tilda out.  Somewhere I saw a kite-shaped card and thought I'd take it to the next level and turned this project into a wall-hanging.

(click on the images to enlarge)

I paper-pieced Tilda's blouse and then used a coordinating copic to shade on the patterned paper to give it depth.  I also pierced a hole on Tilda's right hand and threaded the twin through it so it gives a more realistic look of her holding it.  I glued the twine onto the backside of both her hands.



I know that when you fly a kite the line between the person and the kite is taunt but I thought it would be fun to put some loops in the twine.  I put a small dot of glue on the paper where the twine touches it to keep it in place.  You wouldn't want to smash it though.


Some decorative flowers on the bottom corner of the kite.


I love how this turned out.  I wanted the small kite to POP against the large one but I used coordinating papers so I made this sun to go behind it.  I love the striped yellow paper in the back and the circle in the front is embossed in a dot pattern.   


Here is a better photo to show you the 3-D areas of the project.  The small kite and Tilda are popped up with pop dots.


Thank you for stopping by today.  I'm sorry I've been MIA for awhile.  I took a break from crafting due to some health issues I'm having but I hope to be able to post more often.  I have a couple of projects that I made but haven't posted yet.  I appreciate each and every visit and comment.

Head on over to the CropStop blog and see what the other designers have made for you!  I hope today is bright and full of hope & happiness!

What's in it:





No comments: