Thursday, August 23, 2012

Back to School

Good morning!  This week's challenge at CropStop is to make a project using" Back To School" theme.  I had fun making this calendar page using this theme.  I remember when school used to start in September but now most schools start in August.  My son started school on August 2nd!  That's way too soon in my opinion.  But at any rate, school is well underway in our school district.


I used colored pencils to color the Little Schoolhouse to try to make it fade into the background but I'm afraid that in my efforts to do the shading, I didn't quite succeed in doing that.  Oh well, I still like the little schoolhouse.  The image of the girl, Moka Gwen, was colored with copics.  I paper pieced her dress with pattern paper that coordinates with the background paper. 


I made the sun by using a Spellbinder's circle and the sun's rays were from Spellbinders  


I downloaded and printed the 2013 calendar here.  I adjusted my printer so it printed smaller than the 6x6 so that I could have more space to decorate my 6x6 page.

Thank you for coming by!  I truly appreciate each visit and comment.  Don't forget to pop on over to CropStop's blog and see what the rest of the design team has made for you.  We'd love it if you would play along!

what's in it:




No comments: