Thursday, August 16, 2012

Happy 90th Birthday!

No, it's not my 90th birthday, in fact, it's not even my parent's 90th birthdays as they are just entering their 70's... but this card is still very special.  My good friend asked me to make a special card for a lady that she goes to church with.  I decided to use some of the beautiful digi stamps and digi papers from My Time Made Easy with CropStop's adhesives and die cuts to make this pretty card.

The challenge at CropStop this week is a recipe challenge:  Use 1 - 3 flowers, polka dots and bling!  I also used this week's MTME's Pretty Patterns Sketch found here.  


I used MTME's Magical Birthday Wishes for the banner and sentiment.  I printed it on light pink paper and then used copics to add shading and to color the 90.  I added some shimmer to the 90 by coloring over the copics with atyou Spica "blossom".


For the background paper (LOVE THIS!!!) I used MTME's new Grammy's Pretty Patterns.  I'm sure I will be using these papers a lot in the future.  I used Spellbinder's Floral Burst for the rosettes.  I LOVE this set!  Unfortunately CropStop seems to be out of this set at the moment.  So Sorry about that.


I added some polka dotted ribbon, small roses and some bling and viola - my card is done!  Here's a 3-D photo.  You know how I love my layers!


Thank you for coming by!  I LOVE each and every visit and comment!  Please stop by both CropStop's and My Time Made Easy's challenges and join in on the fun!

By the way, CropStop has a Design Team call right now.  I'm so sad that I need to step down from the team.  I've been with them since January and have loved working with them but I have family & medical issues that I need to take care of so I feel the need to step down.  Go on over and read the details, I know you will enjoy working with them, they have a great team!

Don't forget to leave me a comment - like everyone, I love comments! 

what's in it:




1 comment:

Ann @ The Scrapbooking Housewife said...

This is a gorgeous card!! I love the colors and the bling!! :)