Saturday, April 14, 2012

Apple Blossoms and a Question

I finally have my card for My Time Made Easy's Pretty Patterns challenge ready for you.  I had made a card early because I knew I was going to have a crazy-busy week.  I was so proud of myself that I had my card ready 3 days early!  When I went to upload my card to the MTME Pretty Patterns folder I realized that my card didn't look anything like the sketch!  I had accidentally printed up the wrong sketch!  It was a sketch that we had used months ago.  While working on my card I kept thinking, "This sketch sure seems familiar!"  lol  I was able to use that card for my CropStop post but not MTME's.  You can either scroll down to see my card or click here.

Now for this week's card:  
I used the digi stamp set So Fortunate to print up the pretty Asian girl.  I colored her with copics and then fussy-cut her out.  Here's the copic list:
skin: E00, E0, E01, E02, R20 for cheeks
Dress: RV000, RV00, RV02



I used Spellbinders Floral Ovals to cut out the frame.  I wanted something special behind the girl image so I cut an oval out of some shiny paper that I found at The Paper Temptress store.  I sponged around the edge with one of Martha Stewart's pink inks.  


The designer paper I used is Blossoming Cherries.  I printed it at one quarter of an 8 1/2x11 inch sheet of white cardstock.  It was the perfect size for this project.

Blow is a photo of the three layers.   Instead of putting 3 stripes at the bottom, I decided to layer them and make them a little more fancy.  Notice the little white pearls?


I popped up the frame with pop dots and then popped up the girl image on pop dots to give it an even more 3-d effect.  I put little pink pearls around the frame and a little tiny white pearl in the flower in the girl's hair.  


 I am trying to figure out a better way to take my photos so that the true colors are represented.  I fiddle with two digi programs trying to get the lighting and the colors just right but this time it just didn't work out.  Several papercraft designers use their own little photo tent with light to get really amazing photos of their projects.  So my question to you is this:

How do you take photos of your crafting projects?  Do you use a photographer's tent or a special light?  I'm very interested to find out how you all do it!  Any tips or techniques you would like to share?

Come and join the fun at MTME's Pretty Patterns sketch challenge!  The new Pretty Palette challenge will be up tomorrow too.  Why not play along with both challenges?   

Thank you so much for stopping by!  I appreciate every visit and comment.  I hope you have a wonderful week and come back soon!  

No comments: