Thursday, December 29, 2011

Merry Christmas!

I hope you had a Merry Christmas!  I spent Christmas Eve and Christmas day with family and friends.  Of course I missed my angel daughter but I know she was with us... just in a different way.  Spending time with family and friends is such a comfort when missing a loved one who has passed away.  I'm so thankful to have a large loving family both blood related and through my church.  

Now onto my card for this week's MTME Pretty Patterns challenge.  I love the Mrs. Candy Claus pattern paper so I had to make one more Christmas card for you using this luscious paper.  


I used Tim Holtz carved Ornaments die cut from Sizzix to cut out the ornament.  The paper is glittered and from Sugar and Plums pattern paper by Recollections (at Michaels). 


I hope you can see the glitter a little better in the photo below.


I used some shiny white paper from my stash for the snowflake on the ornament.


I typed the words "Merry Christmas" onto cardstock and then trimmed it for the tag.  I carefully bent the strip with my fingers to give it the 3-D effect.  


The sheer white ribbon also has glitter on it.  Here's a close-up of it. 


I hope you stop by the MTME Pretty Patterns blog and see what the rest of the design team have in store for you.

Thank you for stopping by today.  I appreciate each and every visit and comment.  I hope you have a fabulous New Year!

Other Challenges:
Simon Says Stamp:  Anything goes! 
Our Creative Corner: inspiration from home & glimmer/sparkle (I have pink, green and white shiny ornaments on my Christmas tree!) 

  

3 comments:

Shirley said...

It's beautiful, bright, and cheerful, Nancy! It does make me think of Peppermint! Wishing your and yours a Very Happy Healthy New Year!!!

Anonymous said...

Great Christmas card Nancy! Thanks for being part of the team :) Happy New Year!!

Unknown said...

Wow this is really beautiful!!!! Love your design and the papers are fabulous!!!!!! Great job and Happy New Year!!!!!