Saturday, May 21, 2011

WMS 2nd Birthday - Tea Party!

Waltzingmouse Stamps turns 2 and in celebration they are having a tea party!  We are to make a tea bag, tea pot or pastry themed projects - anything that you would find at a tea party!  Claire provided a FREE tea bag template which I printed and put together for this fun contest!


I used several Waltzingmouse stamps.  The flower is the smaller of two in Roses in Bloom.  I also used Very Vintage Labels No 5.  For the background I used Musical Backgrounds.  Enjoy the rest of the photos!  Lots of details in this project.


I even stamped the back of the tea bag.  I punched a hole in the top and tied it together with string so that I can later open it and fill it with goodies.  (I'm not a tea drinker so I don't keep it on hand... but I know quite a few ladies who would love a few chocolates in a fun container!)


oooooh, shiny!  I used a glitter pen in the center of the flower.  I also used copics to color and shade the rose which was stamped onto designer paper.  I stamped it again and layered the rose.


Hand-dyed seambinding tied in a bow with a light pink pears half attached.  It's the same color as the pearl flourishes around the rose.




I used chocolate chip ink for the decorative stamp on the top and the bottom of the tea bag.

 
I'm also entering this project in Papertake Weekly:  Bloom and Grow
and the Shabby Tea Room:  monochromatic

5 comments:

Deirdre said...

Beautiful details - love your beautiful flower, gorgeous "baggie". Off to check out the sets you used - think you may be enabling! LOL!

Unknown said...

Simply beautiful Nancy, such a lot of gorgeous details, from the musical backgrounds to the beautifully coloured flower, my word, you put a lot of work into this! Stunning! Thank you so much for taking part in our challenge and good luck in the draw!!

Cibele Glazer said...

This is simply stunning!

Debbie said...

Just lovely, Nancy! I adore the soft and shabby feel to your design and the seam binding is beautiful! Thanks for joining us in the Tea Room this week :)

See you over at MTME Pretty Patterns!!!

Shirley said...

Very special and what a beautiful keeper!