Thursday, April 14, 2011

MTME Pretty Pattern #5

I made this card using MTME digi paper Warm Serenity and Cherry on Top. I also used the image "Love" from Sentimental Occasions Labels... which has 38 images!  It's a beautiful set.


I used Spellbinders for the lacy cut-outs behind the "love" sentiment.  I added some hand-dyed wrinkled seam binding (that I bought online) and a heart button and viola'! 


Here are a couple of images that show the dimensional aspects of the card.  I really enjoyed working with this sketch - very easy and fun to use!


The neat thing about digital stamps and papers is that you can  easily change the size.  As you print the paper smaller the design on the paper becomes smaller too... which is perfect for card making.  The larger size can be used for card making too or scrapbooking, making flowers or any other papercrafting idea you may have.  This is all new to me so when I say, "if I can do it - you can do it" I really mean it!
 
Here is this week's sketch:  
Sketch 
 
I hope you will visit all the other design team member's blogs and see what they have for you today.  Start your hop at My Time Made Easy Blog.  I also hope you will play along this week.  If you play every week you will be entered into a drawing for a cool prize.  Check out the blog for details!  Oh... and if you ever go to the MTME blog and get lost (meaning you can't find the challenge) then look to the right side of the blog and you will find both a Pretty Patterns challenge and a Pretty Palette challenge.  Just click on those images to go to the current challenge.  
 
I chose the colors for my card from this weeks'  CR84FN challenge.  LOVE thos colors and the MTME digital papers fit the bill perfectly. 

 
 
Thank you so much for your visit!  Every comment is greatly appreciated.

10 comments:

Andrea M said...

My goodness! This sure is pretty! Love the layers and striking die cut! BEAUTIFUL! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN!!! Wonderful work with the challenge colors!

Deborah Frings said...

Great design for the card, super papers and I love the die cut centrepiece!! Brilliant! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN this week!

Anonymous said...

Sure do like this one! They are all my favorite ones! Thanks for sharing! You're so talented! Glad you have time to do your art! Love you! Mom

Monique said...

Just beautiful Nancy... I love the die cut it really pops out.. your seaming binding ribbon with the heart charm is so cute :)

Sue Lelli said...

Nancy, LOVE the lacy cutout and that heart button on that FAB bow! PRETTY card! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

FibreJunky said...

Gorgeous!! I love the nestie right in the center!!

Carma said...

This is really gorgeous. Love the combination of papers and that lacy die cut is fabulous!!

Mona Pendleton said...

What a pretty card! Love the ornate doily! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN :)

Heather Rogers said...

Beautiful! Love the pretty heart brad. Thanks so much for joining us this week at CR84FN! :)

Teresa Kline said...

this is gorgeous...I adore the pink and the sheet music paper...have a super week!

enjoy *~*