Thursday, January 17, 2013

Your Love is My Anchor

It's time for another excellent sketch at My Time Made Easy's Pretty Patterns Blog.  My husband's birthday was this past Sunday so I made a birthday card for him using this week's sketch.  I hope you like it!

Making male cards isn't my forte so I went to the MTME store to see what stamps would be appropriate for my husband's birthday card.  I was pleasantly surprised at all the great stamps MTME has. I used Seas the Day stamp set for the boat and digitally changed the flourishes on the sails of the boat from red to the blue you see in the photo.  I then printed it, colored the wooden parts with copics and then cut it out.  I then printed the sentiment "Your love is my anchor amidst the stormy sea" from the Seas the Day Sentiments.



I already had the background embossed and put away so I forgot which embossing folder I used, but it was perfect!  (If you would really like to know, please post a comment below and I'll be happy to look for it for you.)  I have two cloud dies and a wave die that I used. to add some interest.  I popped up the boat with dimensional adhesive and curled the end of the flag with the sentiment on it.  I thought it gave it an extra pop of fun!


I wanted to be sure and make it a birthday card so as you open it....


you see that I added the birthday wish on the inside!  I used Sentimental Occasions for both the frame and the "Happy Birthday for the inside of the card.


Below is an angel view of my card.  


My husband and I have sure weathered a lot of "storms" together.  In April we will celebrate our 28th anniversary!  We've had plenty of ups and downs during all these years especially with the death of our beautiful daughter, Jessica, just over two years ago.  My husband and I take turns holding each other up during our times of grief and we remind each other of the blessings to come in the here-after when we are reunited with her again.  We have our wonderful sons (3) and a daughter-in-law who bring joy to our lives.  Our marriage has been made even stronger by all the storms and we are thankful for them.  Whatever your storms may be, I hope you have hope that things will get better and that God loves you.  

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today.  One of my New Year's resolutions is to craft, sew and get back into music.  I feel at my best when I'm being creative and I hope you do too!  Please join us at the MTME Pretty Patterns challenge and have some fun!    

 

No comments: