Thursday, December 6, 2012

Christmas Ornament Card

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!!!  Oh yeah, Christmas shopping, baking, decorating, going to parties and of course performances.  My youngest son is performing in Sweeny Todd, one of my nieces is in a dance company and will be performing several times and another niece is in band.  To top it all off, we tore up the 40-year old carpet in living room, old tile in hallway and 40 year old vinyl in the kitchen and re-did all those floors.  We still don'g have it all put back together again.  What fun!  

This week we are to choose a sketch from the weeks of 41 - 47.  I chose to use #46.  The circle on the sketch made me think of a Christmas ornament so I made one!


I printed the red stripped digi paper from Candy Claus and punched out 6 ornaments with my Stampin' Up ornament punch.  I then scored each ornament in half, lined up the back halves and glued them together.   I added some diamond Stickles over the top of each side and smoothed it out with a brush.  I couldn't get a good picture of the glitter but it's there.  I poked a hole in the top, threaded fishing wire the hole and through the back of the bow.  I tied the bow onto the top of the ornament and then tied a knot at the top of the fishing line forming a loop to hang onto the tree.


The card base paper is also from Candy Claus.  I used the banner "Merry Christmas" from our new release, Christmas Swag.  I temporarily put some pop-up dots behind the ornament so it will stay on the card.  The ornament will easily come off the card and can be hung onto a tree. 


I hope you enjoyed my card today.  Please stop on by the MTME Pretty Patterns blog and see the rest of the great samples our team has made for you today.

As always, I appreciate each visit and comment you leave for me.  Hope you enjoy the holidays!



No comments: