Thursday, September 1, 2011

Chase After Your Dreams

I made this card for a friend of mine who's daughter is in the hospital fighting leukemia.  This sweet girl, named Jessi, was born with CHD (congenital heart defects), has other developmental delays and issues and now has leukemia.  If you would like to send her a card, please let me know so I can send you the hospital address.  She is such a sweetie, I hate that she is battling such a terrible illness.  


I wanted to make a girly card with bright colors because I think that Jessi would like it.  Her mother, Jen, knows about how much my Jessica loved butterflies so I decided to send them a little bit of my Jess (butterflies on the card) to watch over them.


I used the digi stamp set: Chase Your Dreams  and the butterflies are from Tending The Garden.  I used the digi paper pack Fun Flowers.


I colored girl and butterflies with copics.  I hand-cut out the butterflies and use my Spellbinder's Nestablilities to cut out the focal image and sentiment.


I thought that the butterflies needed something behind them to help them stand out against the bright background.  I used a Martha Stewart punch to accomplish that.  I think the punch is called doily or has the word doily in it.  


Thank you for stopping by.  Don't forget to go to MTME's Pretty Pattern Sketch Blog  and see what the other designers have prepared for you.  I hope you will join us this week and play along with our sketch pictured below. 


Last but not least, My Time Made Easy has some great new releases for you today!  There are some great digi stamps, digi paper packs and cut files!  You can also check out Lauren's blog to see some great project ideas using the new products.  

Have a great weekend!  

1 comment:

Shirley said...

She is adorable and love those butterflies! Too cute!