Thursday, June 16, 2011

Bringing Home Baby

I decided to make a baby card for this week's sketch. My brother and his wife have a new baby girl! She is soooo cute!


I used Bringing Home Baby for this card.  I also used Bringing Home Baby Girl digi paper.  I also decided to try a new card style (that makes two new ones for me in so many days)!  I made a recessed window card.  You can see the dimensions better in the following photos.


The center of the card is recessed so it cannot lay flat - but that's ok, I delivered the card in person when we went to visit my brother's family and to meet my new niece.


You can see the dimensions more clearly in the photo below.


Some fun details - bling for the buggy...


I love the little storks on the paper in the upper corner left-hand corner.  I also used my sewing machine to stitch around the card and between the different papers to make it look like a quilt.

I hope you will stop by the other design team blogs and see what they have for you and don't forget to play along. 

I hope you enjoyed your visit today - please leave a comment - they really make my day!

4 comments:

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

This is just completely adorable, Nancy! Love that style of card (looks like a lot of work, though) and the patchwork effect on the frame is sensational!

Hope you are having a good week!

Hugs,
Linda

Shirley said...

Wonderfully bright and cheerful! I really like how you layered and did the main image!

Susan (rainy) said...

Such a wonderful design, Nancy. The combination of papers with stitching for a quilted look is so sweet. This is really adorable. Congrats to your brother and his wife!!

Carma said...

Wow, that looks a bit complicated but absolutely beautiful!! Love the "quilted" frame!