Sunday, July 19, 2009

Father's Day Card For My Dad

I made this card for my dad for Father's day. My dad used to have a cattle ranch and he wore a hat and cowboy boots exactly like the ones in this set that Theresa designed! Many years ago he would compete in rodeos and won most of the contests. This set really brought some great memories to me and I really enjoyed making this card for him. He isn't one to make a fuss over cards or gifts but I think he really liked this card.

I stamped the hat and boots onto the ivory leather paper and colored parts of them with copics. I used antique linen distress ink to make them look... well, antique! ;-) I stamped the horse head onto the neenah classic crest white paper and colored it in with colored pencils and then blended with OMS.



Here is a side view so you can see the layers and how cool the lasso looks.


Thanks for visiting!


Stamps: Out West by Theresa Momber
coloring: copics, colored pencils & OMS, antique linen distress ink
Paper: neenah classic crest (white), navy blue leather, blue leather & ivory leather paper by the Paper Temptress ( LOVE this stuff!),
other: coper sheet run through my big shot with a cuttlebug embossing folder, hemp for lasso


No comments: