Friday, March 13, 2009

Silhouette Butterfly


I made this card using Jessica's sketch on StampTV from 3/5. I was also doing a black/white color challenge from Kwernerdesign Blog Color Inspiratioon #45. I stamped the butterfly from Gina K's "Take Flight" set onto black cardstock and embossed it in white. The layers of DP are from Making Memories and other unknown brands (scraps from previous projects. I didn't have a black ribbon (although Robyn tried to give one to me during Gina K's Release Party last night - LOL ) ..... so I took some white ribbon and colored it with my black copic marker. Genius! I have seen other crafters use copics to color buttons and even flowers so I figured it should work on ribbon - and it did! YAY!

The punches I used were EK Success's dotted scallop - my new favorite punch! And on the inside I also used Fiskar's threading water. I also used SU's ticket punch in the corners and Kasier pearls. *deep breath* Did I remember everything? LOL

Hope you enjoy it!

Here is a side view.


This is the inside of the card

I've really been having fun in my craft room... can you tell?
Thanks for stopping by!


4 comments:

Katie Ann Brooks said...

This is very beautiful!

Winter said...

This is very pretty! Great job!

eviledna said...

This is so so pretty. All the papers are perfect and I love your ingenius idea with the ribbon, clever girl.
Take care &keep smiling
Ann x

Donna Baker said...

beautiful, Nancy! I love the elegance of black & white!