Friday, December 26, 2008

A new card for a new challenge!


This card was a lot of fun and evolved over time. I wanted to do two challenges with this one card so I used the sketch from "So Sketchy" (From Dec 13). I also wanted to enter the 'Lovey Dovey" challenge at "Our Creative Corner" so I got out my things, made a huge mess and viola! This is my creation! I like it. :-)



I used Kim Huges fun stamp set U R A Hoot!, colored with copics and topped it off with some basic grey brads and a clear acrylic heart with a pink button. The owl and branch are on pop dots for dimension. I added the strip at the bottom to accommodate the "Who Loves You?" sentiment. I'm quite new to copic markers but I'm coming along. They work much differently than the acrylic paints I've used for years but I'm sure with practice I can improve.

Thanks for stopping by!




4 comments:

Jennifer Meyer said...

Hi Nancy :) Your card is so adorable! I LOVE the fun images and design! Someone is going to be VERY lucky to get this card in the mail! Thanks for playing along with the OCC, Jennifer :)

Ann said...

Love, love, love this card! Your coloring is wonderful, and the patterns and embellishments are so fun! :D

eviledna said...

Hello Nancy, what a FABULOUS card. If you hadn't said I'd have thought you'd been colouring with Coptics for ages. The colouring is perfect and I LOVE the paisley branch, very unique. You may not blog often, but when you do it's always worth the wait. Best wishes to you and your family for the coming NEW YEAR, hoping everything good comes your way. After the last 12 months you've had, I think you deserve it :)
Take care & keep smiling
Ann x

Els G. said...

Love your card! I think you did a great colouring job with those Copics. I can't seem to get used to them. Love your choice of colours and DP.
Els
x