Wednesday, December 3, 2008

My poor neglected craft blog!


I can't believe it's been almost 2 months since I posted! But with my nephew getting so sick from his cancer and then his passing away.... and my daughter having more troubles with her wound, etc... posting here hasn't been the easiest thing to do.

I have been doing more stamping though.

"Look to the Lord and His Strength; Seek His face Always"
I made this card for the sketch challenge on Paper Craft Planet. The colors match much better in real life, I just can't seem to figure out why they look so different here. The butterfly is stamped and embossed onto vellum and popped up with a pop dot. The backing to the butterfly is out of the same paper as the cream with pink polka-dot strip behind the sentiment.




Here is a close up of the butterfly


So Grateful:
I used 3 different stamps from Gina K Designs on this card
I made this card for Melanie's Mixology 101 and Beate's weekend sketch challenge #66 . I used all Gina K stamps. The background was stamped with versamark using the leaf stamp from "Botanical Dreams", the pumpkin is from "Whimsical Autum" and the greeting is from "So Grateful". I used the Koh-i-noor woodless pencils to color in the pumpkin and outline the vines.


Declared INSANE!
I love these fun stamps that I got from Unity Stamp company for only $1 during a Hip Hop Thursday!


3 comments:

eviledna said...

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHH, great to see you back in the crafting spirit. Have been popping over nearly everday to see what you've been up to. Loved your photo's of your Thanks Giving party. It was so nice to see you all smiling after what has been a pretty awful year for you. And now you made some beautiful cards...again. Keep 'em coming, I'll be popping over to keep my eye on you :)
Take care & keep smiling ( you have so much to smile for)
Ann x

Marcea said...

Hi Nancy, first of all I am so sorry to hear what you and your loved ones have been through recently, how devastating for you all. My heart goes out to you all.
I am glad you have made it back to crafting :o) I love your style. Had a quick look through your blog and it rocks!!!!!
-x-

LeAnne said...

Nancy, thanks for visiting my blog. Your butterfly card is beautiful! I am sorry you've had so much sadness lately! Hopefully things will look brighter for you!
Blessings,
LeAnne