Monday, April 28, 2014

Butterfly Clip & a Tutorial

I have a little tutorial for you today.    I made a butterfly and attached it to a clip so that it could be clipped anywhere you like!

???????? 

First I cut out 2 of the Memory Box Willoughby Butterfly die out of  Anthracite paper.  I cut the  Memory Box Asti Butterfly out of X-Press It found in the Copic Sampler Pack.   I laid the cutout on top of the white and colored it in with copics.  I flipped over the white paper and colored in the back side too.  I then glued the outline on top of the X-Press It and shaped it before the glue dried.

????????

I took the 2nd butterfly outline and with fishing wire tired it to a small clip.  This is what it looked like on the top of the clip.

????????

And this is what it looks like inside the clip.

????????

After the black butterfly outline is attached to the clip I glued it to the underside of the butterfly. 

????????

 Here is what the underside of the clip looks like...

????????

Here's the back of the butterfly once it's clipped to a paper.

????????

I added some diamond Stickles to the wings and some bling to the center.  I think it's just what the butterfly needed!  You can also see how the wings are shaped in the following photo.  

????????

And here's the front again:

????????

I hope you enjoyed this little tutorial.  Since this butterfly is made of paper you would need to be sure and not get it wet but it would be fun to clip to a gift package, onto a card or anywhere you would like a little butterfly clip.
Thank you for stopping by!

1 comment:

Shirley said...

Nancy, your butterfly clip is awesome! TFS the tutorial too! I have to say if I had that I think I would use it somewhere on my fridge items! It is so pretty and has to be shared. I might also paint it with a sealer. It is gorgeous!