Saturday, September 14, 2013

Fairy Angel for Aspen

Good afternoon everyone!  I'm so sorry I'm late getting my post up today.  I hope my project is worth the wait!
I made a Fairy Angel for a sweet little girl named Aspen who is having heart surgery next week.  I wanted to make something pretty for her to look at that could be hung from her IV pole.  I think it will help to brighten up her hospital room and as she looks at it she can remember how loved she is.
I didn't just want to hand the Fairy Angel to Aspen so I made a pocket card to put her in.  Some time ago I bought Martha Stewart's Circle Edge Punch but hadn't tried it before.  I found a great video on YouTube on how to use it.  It's found HERE.

Fairy Angel

The pocket is made out of Lazer SilverLustre.

Fairy Angel2

I used one of Sherry Baldy's stamp found here.  I printed the image on Cryogen White paper and colored her with copics.   

Fairy Angel4

I flipped the image in my Photoshop Elements program, printed her up and colored her with copics.  For some reason the flipped image turned out slightly smaller than the original so I cut out a doily in Smoothie Silver Lustre to help hide the small discrepancy in the different sizes of the image.  It also gives it shine and a delicate, feminine touch.

Fairy Angel3

Thank you for coming by today!  And don't forget to shop at The Paper Temptress for all your paper needs!  Patricia has some awesome sales going on now which will end soon so hurry on over!!  Also, please keep Aspen and her family in your prayers.  I've been in their shoes with my down daughter (who had multiple heart surgeries & other surgeries) and it's not an easy thing to get through.  Thanks again and don't forget to leave a comment!!!

No comments: