Monday, July 12, 2010

In God We Trust

Life has been so hectic lately that I didn't get a chance to post this card in time for the 4th of July. I finished the card on that day and am now using it at my profile photo on facebook. :)

I made this card for Stamp TV's inspiration challenge last week.


I first stamped the flag image which is from Flourishe's stamps. I water-colored the flag. After it dried I masked it and then sponged the background. I stamped the children's parade with Versamark and then embossed with detail black embossing powder. For the flag decorations below that I also stamped and water-colored them, cut them out and adhered them to the card.

I love Theresa Momber's beautiful sponging. She writes tutorials on each of her projects. I followed one of her tutorials and used similar ink colors (I used a different brand of ink) but I'm quite happy with how it turned out. I practiced on some scrap paper before sponging on the real deal.

Thank you for stopping by! Crafting is my "therapy" and it brings joy to my life. I'm glad to be able to share it wit all of you. Oh, and don't forget to leave a comment!


2 comments:

Theresa Momber said...

Your sponging came out so beautifully! It's a gorgeous card. Thanks for the shout out!

Tiff Firth said...

Nancy. thank you so much for your geniune concern for my little boy after reading my blog. He's been doing really well this last 12 months but we dread spring. September for us. He has a trigger to pine tree pollen and September is an awful time for him.

Again thanks for your very kind comments.