Sunday, January 25, 2009

Answers to some questions

Here is a better picture of the card that I made for my card exchange. The stamp is from Stampin' Up and is from the set: "Snow Swirled". I used white pigment ink and SU's and Iridescent embossing powder. I then used glitter glue for the different colors of ornaments. The white card stock is punched from one of Martha Stewart's decorative punches. The "Merry Christmas" stamp is SU as is the punch I used to cut it out with. The decorative paper is some I've had for YEARS. I've been finding lots of fun stuff as I move into my new craft room and try to organize my stuff. The operative word is TRY to organize. LOL



Ann asked me in the comments section in my last post about the "luggage" in the corner of the picture. Well, Ann, it's storage boxes! Below is a picture of the two boxes. You are right... I sure wish the lady image was a stamp too! I have quite a few decorative boxes that I use as storage. The trick is remembering what is in which box. hehe...


I've been using the top of a large "basket" to place my cards to photo graph them. Karl did such an excellent job on the beadboard on the wall, I think it makes a great background for my card photos. On top of three square baskets I usually keep three decorative boxes. They are situated alongside a book case that Karl made for me quite a few years ago. On top of the book case is a hatbox that contains all kinds of goodies... like brads, stamps and other shinny fun things. It's a card maker's treasure! I have a "Big Shot" and I have collected quite a few sizzix, cuttlebug, quickutz and spellbinders dies. The white storage box with the pink, silver and tan containers are for Quickutz alphabets. I have yet to organize them in the containers but I got the set on sell and am looking forward to having all my alphas in there.



I hope you enjoyed the sneak peeks of my new craft room! I hope I can get more organized! I've gotten my desk pretty much cleared off but I have two tables with tons of stuff on them, including LAUNDRY! That's the problem with the laundry room being right off my craft room. There's no room to fold the laundry in the laundry room so it gets stacked on my craft table.

I'm realizing that trying to clean my house and do laundry while raising 4 children is like trying to rake leaves during a hurricane. haha!

Have a great Sunday!

2 comments:

eviledna said...

I NEEEEEED that box. it is so gorgeous. In fact those and the floral boxes have got to be the prettiest boxes I've ever seen, and your husband built the book case!!! Is there no end to your family's artistic talents. (sigh) I wish I had a craft room, I craft in my bedroom, and my storage boxes are just plain stackable plastic ones. So I'll not post a picture of it 'cos it's boring and rather messy at the moment :)
Take care and keep smiling
Ann x

eviledna said...

It's me again, forgot to say thank you for posting your ingredients for the Christmas card. It's even more lovely close up, and I LOVE that HUGE bow, it's rather spectacular.
Hope your family is keeping well, and Jessie is on the mend.
Take care & keep smiling
Ann x