Sunday, January 9, 2011

Santa Edwin

Here is my first Edwin card.  I love his little Santa suit, don't you?  He is sitting on the chimney probably hoping to help Santa with his route.  I made this card for two challlenges.
The first Challenge is the Magnolia-licious  Highlites challenge Blog where they are having a recipe challenge.
So the recipe is:
*4 Flowers - 1 red & 3 small white
*3 types of patterned paper  - green, red and gray
*2 Magnolia images - Edwin and the chimney
*1 Ribbon - red bow
{As always, click to enlarge} 
 The other challenge I made this card for is a sketch challenge over at Wild Orchard Challenge Blog 
The sketch included a sentiment so I added a Merry Christmas ornament.  I used Waltzingmouse Stamps for the image and sentiment (even used a snowflake in yellow for background).  I used the nesties smallest ornament to cut it out.  I used a Quickie glue pan for the sparkle silver by Maya Glitter.  I also used some polar white flower soft for Edwin's hat.  Here's a close-up of the bling and fluffy.  


Here's another angle to give you a bit of depth since there are several layers.  I finally pulled my sewing machine out and did some sewing on the paper.  I'm pleased with the way it turned out. 


Thank you all so much for stopping by!  I hope to be posting more often.  I actually won a contest and was honored at Waltzingmouse Stamps Blog for a card I made there too.  I've received some beautiful RAKs and want to post them as soon as I can take the photos  I'll be back another time to post them

16 comments:

Cheryl said...

Wonderful work, Nancy! I love how cute he looks perched up on the chimney! Great Cosmo papers and coloring!
Love your use of all the elements! Thanks for joinin in on the recipe challenge! good luck!

Anonymous said...

I just love it! It's great, you are so talented in so many ways. Love you always! MOM

Janiel/ janny said...

BEAUTIFUL card Nancy!!! Love the fuzzy on the hat..
hugs, Janiel

Rene said...

It may not be cheaper than therapy but it has to be much more beautiful! Gorgeous card!
Rene :D

Regina said...

Gorgeous Nancy!!I love the colors, the papers and your colouring is stunning.
Hugs
Regina

Leslie Avila said...

Nancy,
Such an adorable Edwin Christmas card. Loving all the shiny details. Thanks so much for sharing.
Sending prayers of comfort your way from Georgetown,
Leslie

Karen's Fun Blog said...

Such a beautiful card!! : )

Angela said...

Cardmaking and coloring is a wonderful therapy indeed! Your card is beautiful! Wonderful papers and scene you created! I look forward to seeing more! hugs, Angela

Barb Hardeman said...

Oh what a wonderful card Nancy. You've managed to keep the card looking masculine for Edwin even with using the flowers and ribbon. Love him sitting in the chimney that way and the flowersoft you used for his fur! Thanks for joining the Magnolia-licious Highlites challenge this month...great job
Muggies (Magnolia Huggies)
Barb

charlene said...

Great card and your coloring is really nice ! Love the little chimmney he is sitting on great job on the whole card !

Rosie said...

Oh Nancy....your card is gorgeous! I love the layering and stitching and your coloring is amazing. I'm sorry to hear about your daughter, but I'm glad your back to crafting. Big hugs your way!

Teri said...

Oh he's sooo cute!!! I love him on the chimney!!! Great job!
Teri

Pam S. said...

such a handsome Edwin! I love him perched on the chimney! TFS!
Pam Going Postal

Only By His Grace said...

Hi Nancy!
Your card is gorgeous. I love Santa's fluffy hat and the chimney.
your coloring looks great too.
Blessing to you Nancy.
Hugs Maz

Cricket said...

Oh my goodness your card is adorable!
I am so sorry to read about the passing of your daughter. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Roberta Laliberte said...

Cute card FANCY NANCY! Love it!

xoxoxo